Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Skill are meant to be improved


I don't care what kind of person you are, as long as you have the skill I needed. The fact that your skill is not grading down is the same as you are not improving. Someday, you'll can't keep up with me. Skill are meant to be improved. If you think that you are stable, it means that you are started to grading down your own skill
I read this sentence on Iryuu ~Team Medical Dragon~, manga volume 20. The sentence is quite simple. Implying that if you think you are now in a stable condition, but in the fact you are not improving, then it means you are grading down your own skill. Skill are meant to be improved.

Remember what the genius, Steve Jobs say?
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
I think it have the same meaning. Stay hungry means, never be pleased. Stay foolish means, never feel you are smart or you are on the top. So over all, it means, you have to be never pleased, you have to always try something new and improved yourself because you are not and will never be the top.

I think I've degrade my own skill. At this moment, I saw that I don't have any improvement in every single task I had. I admitted that I 'm being lazy on this semester and I can't be like this forever! I'm really afraid that I'll not passed on this semester because of my own slacking state.

Reading the first sentence, I'm afraid if my skill is going to be down. Actually, I think it is stable, but that means I'm not improving even a bit. I already learn a lot of programming language like C, C++, C#, Lisp, Phyton, Ruby, Java, Flash programming, even PHP. Thinking that I'm stable, and after reading that sentence, I'll try making a program with those language and I can't do nothing. I already forgetting all of them.  At that time, I'm really regretting all of my slacking action and I have to start over all of this. No more slacking!

So I came up with one conclusion: even if you already master it, if you are not polish it again and again, you will forget all of it and all of your try to master it will be a non-sense act.

so, think twice if you think you are stable.
remember, skill are always meant to be improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment