Friday, May 30, 2014

Anyway, stop thinking and just do it



I've just finished watching Yowakutemo Katemasu弱くても勝てます~青志先生とへっぽこ高校球児の野望~」 episode 7 today. After the title, this drama focused on a very weak baseball team who struggles to win.   

The story begin when Tamo Aoshi (Ninomiya Kazunari) come to his almamater, Jotoku High School, as a teacher and eventually become Baseball Club coach. Jotoku High School is a prestigious private high school consists of intelligent people, but seems pretty laid-back because they let 3rd grade students to continue their club activities.

When Tamo-sensei arrive on Jotoku, he saw baseball club practicing on the field. Miraculously, the team consist of four member, including the manager, Tarumi Yuzuko (Arimura Kasumi). They are not only sucks, but lack of member. The current member is Ebato Mitsuteru (Yamazaki Kento) as the captain, Shirao Tsuyoshi (Nakajima Yuto), and Ushimaru Natsuhiko (Yanagi Shuntaro) At that time, baseball club was under Masumoto Nobuki-sensei as a coach.

In additional of two freshmen, Mitsuyasu Yuta (Hiraoka Takuma) and Iseda Hideto (Akutsu Shintaro), they start to scouting people to fill the number for their upcoming practice game, such as Kamezawa Junichi (Hongo Kanata), a hot-blooded conductor from Orchestra club; Okatome Kei (Mamiya Shotaro) from track club; and Shikara Eisuke (Sakurada Dori), Tarumi's stalker. Not to mention they need to ask their ace who quit, Akaiwa Kimiyasu (Fukushi Sota) to join the team again.

It would be a miracle if Tamo-sensei could led Jotoku to their first win.

Baseball club and activities around the member, yes, your daily youth drama. What makes this drama different is, the team is very weak and always lose. And, the most important thing, it's enjoyable even for someone who don't understand baseball like me.

On episode 7, Jotoku Baseball Club went for a training camp along with Dougaku Baseball Club. After losing the noisy Kamezawa who resign from school, Jotoku need to strengthen their team work once again. Jotoku received some impact by watching Dougaku's practice menu, and their practice game with Takeyama Baseball Club. This is one of my favorite scene on this episode:




Ebato: 「毎年キャプテンは何となく決まるのが『城徳』の伝統なんです。」 (Every year, someone will be the captain without any reason. It's some kind of Jotoku's tradition)
Riko-san: 「何となく?」 (Without any reason?)
Ebato: 「とはいえなったからにはちゃんとしたいと思うし、だんだんチームのやる気が増して行くにつれて余計そう思ったんです。」 (If I'm selected I would like to do my best as the captain, and I thought I'll increased team's motivation gradually)
Riko-san: 「それで、ちゃんとできてるの?」 (Then, do you think you do your job as a captain well?)
Ebato: 「いや…できてないと思います。やる気は あるんですけど…。いや 実は それほどないのかもな。」 (No... I don't think so. I have the spirit, but... . But maybe I'm not that motivated either)
Riko-san: 「そんなこと言ったら私だってやる気があるのか?って聞かれたらまぁそこまでないような気もするし。じゃあないのか?って聞かれたらないこともないからあるって答えるし。曖昧よやる気なんて。」 (If you say so, even for me, if someone questioned my determination, I would answer the I'm not that motivated either. But it's not like I have a zero motivation, so I'll answer that I have my determination. Motivation is an indistinct feeling)
Ebato: 「曖昧ですね。何か野球にかかわることは全部曖昧です。まるで国語みたいだ。」(... indistinct feeling. Everything about baseball seems vague, somehow. Just like the language... )
Riko-san: 「 国語?」 (Language..?)
Ebato: 「他の教科にはちゃんとみんなプロセスがありますから。でも国語にはなくて…。必死に考えて答えを出しても模範解答と同じにならないんです。」 (It's the different with other subject because the other subject has process through. But, there's not process on language.... No matter how hard I search for the right answer, it won't be the same as the sample question...)
Tamo-sensei: 「じゃあ 必死に考えなきゃいい。お前達はさ何でも答えを求め過ぎなんだよ。野球に対してもキャプテンの役目に対してもだ。できるできないで散々迷って結局身動き取れなくなってるじゃないか。」 (Then, you don't need to think about it. You guys demanding for answers too much. About baseball, or about being a captain. Worrying about you can do it or not will only make you had no willingness to do anything.)
Riko-san: 「それで監督は「思い切り振れ」とか「とにかく振れ」って。」 (That's why coach keep saying "Anyway, just hit it with all of your might", or "Just hit it")
Tamo-sensei: 「そうです。だって考えてもプロセスがないんだったら「取りあえず」とか「差し当たり」って感じでやったほうが早いんじゃないのか?」 (That's right. If there's no process no matter how hard you think, I think it would be better if you keep 'anyway...', or 'for now..' on your head.)


I just love this conversation. Not only about baseball but it could be applied on daily life. People said that youth nowadays won't taking risk because they keep themselves busy with thinking if they could do it or not. Well, anyway, just try it. I always keep "There's no harm to try"on my mind every time I'm in a difficult position.  

oh, and by the way, this guy look way too young on his age (30).



1 comment:

  1. Auw Yamazaki Kento disini aktingnya keren aku juga sama dia karena dia main dorama ini, terus main Suikyuu Yankees juga keren.
    Tapi mau nonton LDK gak sampai hati...

    ReplyDelete